Saturday, November 23, 2013

So recently I got to work with the mighty god THOR! Apparently his seamstress was no longer pleasing him and his favorite pants got ruined so he needed replacements ASAP!!!
So to start we picked up Dickie's Multi use pants:
Then we dyed them to the desired color:
Next was getting the stripping on the sides done. There are actually 2 stripes. One that is very red, and another of a almost pink color. There is a slight diagonal texture to the pink line which I mimicked.
There was a really neat detail near the waistband that I love, you will see it in later pictures.
Next was cutting out the pleather for the inner thigh and back of the pants. I got supper lucky and found a color that almost exactly matched what we were looking for!
Next I attached the pieces to the original pants. For this I had to take out the inseam completly to get the pieces lined up right. It looked so cool!!!
Since we were using unaltered pants I had to leave this little flap open so that THOR could get into the pants. I added a few buttons and snaps to hold it closed later. Here you can see the detail on the waistband too.
I hemmed the pants to fit and ta-da!!! Finished product!!!

No comments: